Friday, January 14, 2011

Back in the Saddle

   It feels wonderful to get back into my desk chair and focus on work. Now that things have settled down my attention can go back to my novel-in-progress. I feel like I'm getting things done and I'm not going crazy because I can't write.
   A little while ago, the Positive Brigade came over to take us out. We went to Little Italy and had a lovely night out, visiting Lake View Cemetery, taking many photographs... It was a wonderful time. My new picture on my profile was taken by Shelby, who is an incredible photographer. We had a lot of fun and will return to Little Italy one day. Especially the bakery that is there.
   I'm still keeping up with my journal. I want to try keeping a 'Morning Pages' journal too but first I have to find a notebook that isn't being used for something else. After I try it for a little while, I'll let you all know how it goes.

   My dad's going to set up my mother's desk in the room connected to mine so my mom has an office she can use. It's one of those big 'L' shape desk. My dad said he'll find a spare piece that he can set up in my room so I have an actual desk instead of using my dresser as a make-shift desk. It'll be nice to have leg room when I'm writing.
   Meanwhile, everyday I'm pushing myself to keep editing and try to get more and more done each day. Some days are good but some days are slow and editing is painful, but the more I do it the more I learn with each sentence. And I have to keep learning to improve myself as a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment